5 Diet and Lifestyle Tips for Weight Management
Maintain a healthy weight or lose weight if you need to. You’ve heard the advice before, and it probably makes sense to you. It’s no secret that being overweight or obese can have a negative impact on your overall health and quality of life. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
If you want to lose weight, or maintain a healthy weight, you need an action plan you can follow to lose weight and keep it off.
Wondering what you can do to keep your weight in check? Add these 8 lifestyle habits to tip the scale in the right direction.
- Practice portion control. Instead of showing up to the buffet table trying to estimate how many times you can return, or simply dishing up seconds and thirds, practice portion control. Most adults only need about 2,000 calories a day, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Want to try a sampler pack of MagicKitchen.com portion-controlled meals? We have two Trial Packs available at a great discount!
- Get your zzzs. You might think staying up late to watch the evening news or your favorite TV show is harmless. But if you’re not get the Plain Omelet, Sweet Potatoes & Broccoli or the Cheese Omelet, Broccoli & Cinnamon Apples.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. When you’re counting calories to lose weight or tracking your food choices, skipping breakfast might seem like an easy way to cut calories. But it generally doesn’t work. You’re more likely to overindulge in less-than-healthy snacks later and risk gaining more weight rather than maintain or lose. Try the Breakfast Burrito with Salsa, Applesauce & Hash Browns or the Breakfast Scramble, Hashbrowns & Asparagus.
- Manage stress with exercise. Know what happens when you’re stressed out? Left unchecked, it causes major spikes in hunger hormones that can trigger serious food cravings and overeating. Don’t let that happen. Exercise is a great way to manage stress. Go for a walk. Hit the gym. Ride a bike. It’s a healthy way to manage stress, and burn calories, too.
- Skip junk food for healthier options. If you find yourself reaching for a sugary drink and a candybar when you’re hungry, take a closer look at your snacktime habits. Sugary drinks, sweets, and desserts are loaded with empty calories and added sugar that can have a negative impact on your waistline and your overall weight. Replace junk food with healthier options like fruits, vegetables, Greek yogurt, whole-grain crackers with hummus, and drink plenty of water.
If you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight, it’s important to eat a balanced diet. And it doesn’t have to involve hours of grocery shopping, cooking, and clean up. Just check out the Portion Control menu of meals all made from fresh ingredients. Pick your favorites, and let us do the rest.