How to Improve Your Health…in Your Sleep
Want to improve your health in your sleep? That probably sounds a little too good to be true. But it’s possible. And there’s only ONE thing you need to do.
Sleep on your left side, according to the Sleep Foundation.
So you call it a night after a long day. You turn out the lights and crawl into bed. But when you finally drift off to dreamland, what position are you in? Your back, your right side, or your left side?
Research suggests that sleeping on your left side has a number of important health benefits, including:
- Release toxins linked to arthritis, headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, and skin irritations. Sleeping on the left side may help clear the lymphatic system to more effectively release toxins.
- Improve spleen function. Your spleen helps filter waste products in the blood. Sleeping on your left side helps improve blood flow and spleen function.
- Protect expecting mothers: Sleeping on the left side has a positive effect on blood pressure and blood flow for the mother and baby. It also provides better support for the back, legs, and knees.
- Support heart health. Sleeping on your left side makes it easier for your heart to pump blood.
- Protect the liver. The liver is located on the right side of the body. Sleeping on the right side can interfere with liver function. However, sleeping on the left side can help the liver filter toxins, prevent heart burn, reduce bloating, and control cholesterol.
- Improve digestion. Sleeping on the left side makes it easier for the stomach and pancreas to work together to digest food.
Health experts recommend adults get 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night. Sleeping on your left side can provide additional benefits to help you feel better and be healthier.
Hungry for more ways to be healthy?
Check out the complete menu of MagicKitchen.com meals all made with fresh ingredients and ready to eat in minutes.