The Novel Way to Teach Your Teens to Eat Healthy
Ask the typical teen what they eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and you’re bound to get a mix of responses. But you’ll also find some common food choices that aren’t exactly healthy like fast food, soda, candy bars, and energy drinks. Those kind of eating habits are a proven pathway to heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and a long list of chronic diseases. So how do you teach a teen to make better food choices?
It’s a pretty simple concept. Cook healthy meals and eat at home more often. In a recent study published in AMA Network Open, researchers found that teens who eat at home more often, tend to eat healthier foods. More fruits and vegetables. Fewer sugary drinks. Fast food and take-out less often.
Wondering where to start? If you’re trying to give your menu a makeover to eat healthier or teach your teens good habits, you might be overwhelmed by all the choices at the grocery store, complicated recipes, and prep time to put a meal together.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Our team of professional chefs have cooked up over 100 delicious meals made from fresh ingredients that only take minutes to prepare. It’s an easy way to avoid fast food, that’s, well, just as fast. Some of our newest Portion Control meals include:
- Beef Swedish Meatballs with Whole Grain Rotini, Carrots & Cabbage
- Whole Grain Spaghetti And Beef Meatballs, Broccoli, Zucchini & Carrots
- Chili Con Carne, Capri Blend Vegetables, Spinach- Individual Meal
- Scrambled Egg Whites & Turkey Ham, Potatoes with Bell Pepper & Onions
- Santa Fe Chicken with Southwest Sauce, Lemon Cilantro Brown Rice & Mixed Vegetables
- And many others.
Here’s an idea if you’ve got a teen at home. Ask your teen to take a look at the Portion Control menu and pick their favorites.