Beef Wellington En Croûte
This is a classic dish of English cuisine. The dish looks like you slaved all day, but it is ready to pop into the oven, making you look like a pro! The beef is so tender it will melt in your mouth under a savory Mushroom Duxelle and the pastry is golden brown and delicious. (Product shown with potatoes added.)Serving Size: 7 oz.
WeightWatchers Smartpoints: 14
Serving Size: 7oz
Servings per container: 1
|Amount Per Serving||Calories||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||210|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calories diet. Your daily intake may be higher or lower depending upon your caloric needs.
- If time allows defrost up to 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Place foil on baking sheet and grease with butter or olive oil and then place beef on sheet.
- Mix a whole egg with water and brush beef.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375 and cook about 10-15 minutes until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Insert a stick thermometer into the thickest part of the product, using the hole in the center of the pastry flower for access to avoid marring the pastry.
Avg rating: based on 26 rating(s).
|Not sure if I cooked this right but the dough was not cooked by the time it was finished. A little disappointed since the meat was tasty just wish the dough was cooked since this was my first time trying it|
|Kari H. (10/14/2016)|
|I needed to cook longer as the beef was raw and tough after only 15 minutes of baking. Once cooked for another 15 minutes the beef was perfect with still some pink.|
|Mary Ann S. (05/20/2016)|
|Janet B. (02/06/2016)|