Study: Eating Breakfast Can Help You Lose Weight
Want to tip the scale in the right direction, lose weight or maintain a healthy weight?
There’s a lot of things you could do.
After all, there’s no shortage of crash diets, weight-loss pills, and gimmicky workouts that promise you’ll shed pounds. But it’s no secret these are short-lived and often result in the yo-yo or weight loss and weight gain.
So what should you do? Here’s a good place to start:
Eat a healthy breakfast.
In a recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, researchers found that eating breakfast can help you lose weight. According to the research, people who eat a healthy breakfast and go a little lighter on lunch and dinner are more likely to lose weight and keep it off.
"Our results show that a meal eaten for breakfast, regardless of the amount of calories it contains, creates twice as high diet-induced thermogenesis as the same meal consumed for dinner," says lead researcher Dr. Juliane Richter.
"This finding is significant for all people as it underlines the value of eating enough at breakfast."
So what’s a healthy breakfast for weight loss look like?
Skip the donuts, coffee drinks loaded with sugar and cream, sugary cereal, candy bars and energy drinks. (Yes, people actually eat this stuff for breakfast).
Instead, build a healthy breakfast with foods like:
- Whole-grain toast
- Fruit (berries, banana, apple, orange, pear)
- Greek yogurt
- Cottage cheese
- Black coffee
Short on time? Not sure what to make for breakfast?
Check out these 15 Healthy Breakfast meals that only take minutes to prepare:
1. Cheese Omelet & Salsa, Broccoli & Hash Browns
2. Cheese Omelet with Peppers & Onions, Diced Red Potatoes &Diced Pears
3. Cheese Omelet with Roasted Potatoes
4. Egg Patty with Onions & Peppers and Roasted Potatoes
5. Egg Patty with Roasted Potatoes and Grits
6. French Toast, Chicken Sausage, &Blueberry
7. French Toast with Turkey Sausage Patty, Potatoes and Strawberries
8. Fried Egg Patties, Sweet Potatoes &Asparagus - Individual Meal
9. Pancakes with Chicken Sausage &Strawberry Sauce
10. Pancakes with Turkey Sausage, Roasted Potatoes &Blueberry Sauce
11. Sausage Patties &Biscuit with Country Gravy, Hashbrowns & Cinnamon Apples
12. Waffle with Chicken Sausage and Pears
13. Waffles with Egg Patty and Blueberries
14. Waffles with Turkey Sausage and Strawberries
15. Whole Grain Pancake &Sausages, Sweet Potatoes & Cinnamon Apples
Start your day with one of these healthy breakfasts, and you’ll feel fuller longer, burn more calories during the day, and keep your weight in check.
For more Portion Control meals, check out the complete menu HERE.