Kidney & Renal Diet Meal Delivery by MagicKitchen.com
The Renal Diet consists of controlling your phosphorus, potassium, sodium, protein, and your fluid intake. MagicKitchen.com renal diet meals can help. These kidney friendly meals are created by our chefs and dietitians to be ideal for a renal diet, and there are easy-to-read nutrition labels both on our website and supplied with the meals.
If you try some and then decide to get onto an ongoing meal program, your meals will then be delivered free of charge! More details about our meal programs >>
Keeping to a renal diet is a critical part of your treatment when you have been diagnosed with renal disease. You will feel better, and the diet will help avoid complications such as fluid retention, weight loss, weakened bones, and irreversible damage to your kidneys.
But the restrictions make it hard to keep to the diet, and difficult to know what to eat. That's where MagicKitchen.com helps. Ready-made renal diet meals arrive at your door, you put them in the freezer and take them out to re-heat when needed. They are ideal for lunches and dinners on busy days, and we even have some breakfast meals when you don't have time.
So feel better, and don't stress out- MagicKitchen.com renal diet meals are available now, and more meals are being added all the time.
Try a few of the meals, and if you like them, (We're pretty sure you will), call us about an ongoing meal program at 1-877-516-2442, where you will speak to a real live person.
Harriet S says, "I am on the Renal diet plan and can not find any other plan that caters to stage 3 kidney disease. I am new but so far the food is good. Delivered in a timely manner."
Mary Fran M. says, "We've enjoyed all our meals and appreciate the renal menu option. Each meal is so delicious and the variety keeps it fresh. My husband is a stage IV kidney patient and these quick and easy meals are perfect for him to take to work. They are so tasty too!"
A Healthy Diet is Good for Your Kidneys
Renal Failure, just those two words are enough to strike fear in your heart when hearing them from your doctor. Your kidneys aren't working like they used to, or not at all. We need our kidneys…at least one of them. They are essential for removing waste from the food we eat, remove drugs from our system, and balance fluids in our bodies. There are many things that can occur to cause the kidneys to function properly or cease to function completely. Following a good renal diet can mean the difference between healing and chronic renal failure. Habits need to change and a lifelong commitment to eating in a healthy manner needs to be adopted.
Lasagna, Ravioli, Caponata, Chicken and Meatloaf are excellent. All dishes are low salt and renal friendly. Will continue to order.
~Customer Gaston Larranaga
Diet and the Kidneys
If your kidneys aren't working properly due to conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, or the inherited polycystic kidney disease, you will need to change the way you eat. Yes, this will be one of those life style changes that are vital to your health. So, what are some of the changes that need to be made? The big ones are avoiding potassium and/or phosphorus rich foods. The following fruits and veggies can help your kidneys, or at least make their job easier.
- Cranberries – These are a native to North America and are great for assisting in healing a urinary tract infection.
- Blueberries – This snacking fruit is great for kidney function. Add these to your diet as often as you can! They are low in potassium and phosphorus.
- Red Bell Peppers – These beautiful peppers are low in potassium and pack a punch of flavor to your dish. They are full of great vitamins such as A, C, B6 and folic acid!
- Strawberries – They never last long at my house! They are high in fiber and are an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese.
- Onions – A wonderful, flavorful addition, chock full of chromium which helps to metabolize fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. The best part is they are low in potassium, making them a friend to our kidneys!
As you learn which foods are good for your renal diet and which ones are bad, remember to eat quality high protein foods. What proteins are considered high quality and are allowable when adapting to a healthier way of eating? Listed below are a few that are great choices. Take care that you eat the right amount of protein. Too much or too little can wreak havoc on your body. You don't want to become malnourished by not getting enough, nor do you want to make your kidneys worse.
- Lean cuts of meat
- Egg whites
Phasing out Salty Foods
Salt and kidney failure just don't mix. So how do you go about adjusting your sodium intake without losing the pleasure of great tasting foods? Here are some great tips on what to cut back on and how to still enjoy eating!
- Reduce the amount of table salt that you use. Replace it with fresh herbs and spices.
- Use low sodium substitutes for regular sodium items, such as condiments, cheeses, and dressings.
- Know what the daily recommended allowance for sodium is and if your doctor wants you to have a lower intake amount.
- If you must have a sandwich, replace pickles with fresh veggies.
- Choosing fresh food rather than the processed form will always be your lower sodium choice.
- Look into a Mediterranean diet.
Living with kidney disease is a struggle, but you can make it easier on yourself. You just need to know the rules as defined by the typical renal diet and your doctor. You also don't have to give up flavor or variety- you can order the renal diet meals from MagicKitchen.com!. Your kidneys and your body as a whole will thank you for the healthy changes!
Benefits of Kidney & Renal Diet Meals
Low in Sodium, Potassium & Phosphorus
For these renal meals, we limit the amount of sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and protein.
No Prep or
The renal meals go from freezer to microwave or oven, to your plate. No prep, no cooking, and very little cleanup.
Chefs and our in-house dietitian work together to get flavorful, healthy meals onto our menu. We're so sure you'll love the meals, we issue a GUARANTEE!
Our Menu of Kidney & Renal Diet Meals
Our Complete Meals Renal Diet Special Diet Meals for CKD Stages 3 &4 are designed to be healthy as well as to provide one third of the daily requirement based on a standard 1800 calorie per day diet, assuming you eat 3 meals a day, morning and afternoon snacks as well as have drinks with calories at times throughout the day.
For these meals, we limit the amount of sodium, potassium, phosphorus, and protein. These meals include a good variety of foods designed to sustain a healthy lifestyle. Each meal on this menu contains a main course and either one or two side dishes.
- Nutritionally Balanced Complete Meals with an entrée and 1-2 side dishes
- Easy to Re-heat in the Microwave or Oven
- Low in Sodium <700mg (although most are <500mg)
- Low in Potassium <700mg
- Low in Phosphorus <350mg
- Low to Moderate in Protein <25g
- Meals can be purchased in Meal Packs (variety of 7 meals) or Individually for the more selective
Should you be considering our meals ongoing please contact MagicKitchen.com Customer Service toll free (1-877-516-2442) to discuss our free delivery meal program option. No contracts are required, you can order as much or as you wish to meet your specific renal meal plan needs.
Our Other Meal Options
Low Carb Meal Delivery
Healthy Meal Delivery
Dialysis Meal Delivery
Gluten Free Meal Delivery
Diabetic Meal Delivery
1200 Calorie a Day Diet
Senior Meal Delivery
Affordable Meal Delivery
Weight Loss Meal Delivery
Gourmet Meal Delivery
Low Sodium Meal Delivery
Click for review